Saturday, June 15, 2013

BEAUTIFUL EUGENE THIS MORNING

It is an amazing morning. Woke to deep blue sky and lovely sunshine. This kind of morning just makes me come alive maybe more so than a cup of joe.

I have much to do today and some of it outdoors so I am thankful it is a lovely day.

We went on a late lunch date yesterday to Red Lobster. Our Red Lobster has been in Eugene for about two and half years and this is our first time there. We had a Red lobster in this city back in the nineties and we went at that time and were disappointed  Now mind you my grandson Tyson has worked at a Red Lobster in Portland for many years now while going to school and he has urged us to give it another try. Well we were happy we did. The food was good and the staff was very accommodating. What everyone says about those little cheese biscuits is true you know me and biscuits!
We went online before going and downloaded a coupon for a free appetizer. So we had their lobster pizza appetizer. Well it was really good with just a little mozzarella, tomato and basil. We each had a piece and then brought it home for a snack last night. So anyhow a good experience and we will go back. Another plus is we ran in one of our favorite servers from another establishment who was now employed at Red Lobster. We wondered where she had disappeared to. She said she had been there since they opened.

I am making swiss steak tonight out of sirloin steak. I will make a rich tomato sauce with green peppers, garlic and onions added. Will put a nice mound of silky mashed potatoes on each plate for this tasty sauce and meat to sink into. I will serve some roasted cauliflower to the side. If you have never fixed cauliflower this way you should. Just clean and trim and put the crowns in a bowl and add some olive oil and salt and pepper and mix well. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pop into the oven about 425 degrees and roast until tender about a half hour or so. I let it roast until the tops are nicely browned. Roasting instead of steaming condenses the flavors.

I will go now and start my day. First to tidy the house. Oh yesterday I finished waxing all the furniture so that little chore that I did not mind in the least is completed. Today I shall work out on the deck and in the garden area. There are a few more weeds to attend to.

Have a lovely Father's day weekend. I must call my son tomorrow and wish him a Happy Fathers Day. And my Grandson Tyson is a daddy too though his little one is still in the oven and will make an appearance in September. So Happy Fathers weekend day to Mike and Tyson.
Ciao




No comments:

Post a Comment