Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MY DARLING DAUGTER


Posted by PicasaToday is all about Gina! She is on her way to stay for three nights.....oh I can hardly wait. She called an hour ago to say she was on the road. She should be here in about an hour or so.
I have just taken the french lemon tart out of the oven, it looks very lovely and I know it will taste good it is one of my favorite deserts to serve someone special such as my girl.

Today we will probably stay home saving lunch out for tomorrow as tomorrow is to be showers. Today we may luck out and be able to spend some time outdoors. We woke to deep blue skies and lots of sun this morning. But clouds have skittered in when I was not looking so at present we have clouds and sun.
I would like to sit on the deck if possible and have our champagne and little appetizers.
Tonight I will make chicken picata as it is a classy little number and easy to make. I have decided to serve it with green beans. I will fry a couple pieces of bacon and crumble. Cook the green beans el dente and then put them in the skillet with the bacon and drippings, and lots of cracked black pepper.

Gina said she wants to take me to lunch for Mother's day while she is here. If I try to refuse I will hurt her feelings. She always is so thoughtful.We will need to decide what we are in the mood for. Last time we just felt like pub grub which can be very good and a fun time at the right establishment.
I have been craving PF Chang's however. I love the lettuce chicken wraps and also the low mien.So we will see what daughter has in mind.

Hubby will be working the days Gina is here with us. However he does have a short day on Thursday and the weather is to be better. So I thought we would grill turkey burgers on onion rolls with the works.I may try my hand at making some homemade potato chips. I can use the mandolin all the slices will be perfectly the same which is what you need making chips.

I must say that hubby and I had such a fun day yesterday. He had the day off! So we were off to shop for a few things for the outdoors. We found two great stack chairs in rusty orange same color as the deck and some unusual solar lights that hang. A new garden hose and nozzle(now that is not too exciting but were needed.) I also bought a stretched canvas painting for the main bath it is of the Tuscan countryside. We then went to mexican food for lunch. So a nice little outing.

Well I need to stroll through the house and see if missed anything that needs doing.
I will not post for a few days but will certainly have much to write about after my daughters visit.

The sun now is beaming through the office windows(lord they need cleaning). So off I go catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment