Tuesday, June 11, 2013

OREGON STRAWBERRIES


Posted by PicasaMy plan was to make strawberry freezer jam today but alas it is not going to happen. I went to the nearest farm and they did not have their own berries they were from Benton county and looked quite green. I tasted one it was not sweet. So on to the next farm down the road. I tasted a berry there same thing and as I looked not quite ripe berries filled the boxes. Also the price on the half flat that was not overflowing to say the least was $16.00. So I will wait a bit as berry season has just started. But I was so looking forward to making jam today but on to other things there certainly is plenty to do.

I picked up some Gerbea daisies at the first farm for my large ceramic pot. But could not find anything I liked for a dangling plant to go in the top of my old red milk can on the fronts steps.Yesterday I picked up some snapdragons to go in the back of my herb barrel. So I will get the above mentioned planted into their new homes today.
Also yesterday I bought some very cute colorful solar lights to line our sidewalk that borders our small backyard. They did look very adorable last night when they came to life and glowed. I love them! I also gathered some other yard and deck decor on my little shopping trip yesterday. I was hoping to get some new patio chair pads but did not see anything I cared for. I love bright primary colors and most were dull tan, brown, sage green etc.
It is always fun for me to set up the deck for summer. So I will continue to work on that today though it is not really a nice day, not bad but rather cool with dark gray clouds moving over the sun more than I would like them to. It even sprinkled for a few minutes, it sure smelled good I will say that. Those fat drops falling from the spring sky were so fresh.

As I am not making jam today I may as well go for a walk. I have not been since my eye allergy kicked in solid. That is gone now, so no excuses. I enjoy my walks though as you all know but tend to get a lazy at times.

So off to hopefully have a day of joy and accomplishment.
You too have a great spring day.
Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment