Friday, June 7, 2013

TREE HOUSE


Posted by PicasaThis photo is taken from the boat when my brother and I were cruising around Silver Lake. This is a island where there are a couple of tree houses for rent. I also hear there is to be a zipline installed on the island. Regardless it is a very lovely cabin and you would be totally private if you rented one of these little tree houses.

I had a amazing time with my brother there is no other way to size it up.
My brother and I arrived at Silver Lake early Sunday morning. It was still cloudy with a chill in the air. By the time we unloaded the food and my bags it was starting to lighten up a bit. Regardless I was there to camp so we went outdoors and spent the afternoon catching up and having snacks and drinks.
It was too windy that evening to have a camp fire and I was tired anyhow so off to bed early. However I could not drift off to sleep easily for the moan of the bull frogs. I had left a window open to enjoy the breath of evening air. Well I soon had to close it against the mooing of the bull frogs. There must have been a few as they crooned to one other throughout the canal.

The next morning we woke to low clouds that burned off rapidly. Oh I cannot tell you how grand it was to be outdoors in that lush,green paradise. My brothers camp is steps from the canal where geese and ducks both with their little ones filled the canal. We conceded we could watch them for hours. Always so alert to every little thing that may be a threat to their offspring they are such caring parents. 

I put the slow cooker on the table outdoors and filled it with chicken and salsa verde, onions and cumin and coriander  There is simmered to perfection for our dinner.
We spent the afternoon reminiscing which prompted me to get out my journal and I started taking notes as brother told stories of our earlier years. Which then in turn put the notion in my head to ask questions about our move to the farm and about the back story of life on the east coast from where my parents had come. So I took notes for a couple of hours and pumped my brother for information. I think I exhausted him but he is last one left in my family that could give me this information in the right time line.
I will type it up and send to my brother to see if I got it straight......who knows we were sipping wine..do I need to say more? 
That second evening we had our wonderful mexican fare and later had a cozy campfire to sit by as the frogs started their chatter and the birds settled into the dark trees.

Tuesday was my favorite day, I think my brothers also.
We woke to deep blue skies and lots of sun streaming in the trailer windows.
After a breakfast of two Milano cookies dunked in my coffee I tidy'd up the trailer for brother. Threw on some shorts,summer top and flip flops. It was like summer!
Late morning my nephew David came and brought his guitar along to play and sing for us. I can say he is one talented man and we so enjoyed hearing his music.
After Dave departed, we grabbed our boat hats and long sleeve shirts and went for a boat ride. My brother always takes me all around the lake through the canals, out on the open water and past the islands. I so enjoy it and never tire of looking for the huge cranes so like prehistoric birds. We saw several and caught them on camera. We saw wild goats, and so many other bird species. Silver Lake is truly a sanctuary. After being on the water for a couple of hours it was time to head back to camp.
We opened some wine and had snacks and sat in the gazebo with a nice little breeze keeping us cool. Brother worked on crossword puzzles and I read and looked at a new magazine I had brought along. That way we each had a little space, comfortable with one another so no talking was required.
I morphed our mexican meal into a tex-mex bowl of goodness. My brother had baked a pumpkin pie(Marie Calendar)in his outdoor oven. So he had pumpkin pie for desert.
Once again we had campfire under the black sky slowly being lit with stars.
I slept like a baby girl and woke feeling refreshed for my drive home early Wednesday.

So there is the recap of my trip. As you can see I use my blog in some instances as a journal and this is one of those times.
I hope I did not bore you with my little adventure.

Today we have lots of sun and it is heating up quickly. The air just kicked on in the house.
I have the patio table set pretty with a big basil plant,candle jars filled with flowers and a colorful table scarf.
I am going to buy some new chair pads as the ones I have are faded but still functional. So they will go off to St.Vinney's on my next trip for someone else to enjoy this summer.

Have a happy day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment