Friday, September 19, 2014

CHANGING OUT MY ACCESSORIES

I am cleaning my living room today so of course I am switching out some accessories. Each time I do this I try to remove more clutter. So I have a little collage here with my sideboard front and center, my wine rack looking depleted, umbrella plant and my dining room table top right. My dining room and living room are all part of one large room. It feels good to have everything all shiny, waxed and clean. I needed to rest my back so I am taking a small break then I will clean the hardwood floors in there. Then onto the family which this time of year is more like a sports room with our OREGON DUCK decor. Tomorrow I will get at the kitchen. There is much to do in there. I am cleaning because I am having company the first part of next week. That always spurs me on. A good thing folks come now and then.

I am back for another break. The floors are wonderfully clean walking with my bare feet on them is lovely. My family slash football room is gleaming. Oh how I love clean rooms.
I have a pan of tomatoes roasting in the oven. I am caught up on processing tomatoes now for a couple of days. I think the remainder of the tomatoes this season I will add peppers, garlic and seasonings and put into pint jars, making pasta sauce for our camping trips. I have had to organize the freezer in our garage fridge to accommodate all of our frozen meat. I needed to free space for more sauce in our house fridge. We will so be enjoying that yummy red fresh tasting tomato sauce this winter.

Our chicken soup was so delicious last night. I was good and just had a medium size bowl of soup, no toast. Tonight we will have the soup again. After soup sits for a day it gets even better as the flavors have a chance to meld even more. Tonight I will make hubby a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich to go with his soup. He works so hard and is so hungry when dinner time rolls around.

I have another busy day tomorrow. There is the OREGON game tomorrow evening but my hubby is working all day and I will get my kitchen cleaned, run to the meat market as I want to do a roast for Sunday dinner. I am going to make my apple pie Sunday also to go with our old fashioned dinner.

It is a warm one today once again. A beautiful day really. Big blue sky, a very slight breeze there is no music from the wind chimes today. This sort of day makes my heart yearn for a camp out. I want to be camping somewhere in our little trailer, the chill of the night air, the warmth from the campfire, the trees starting to turn from green to bronze and the geese flying over loudly honking all sounds so incredibly wonderful right now.  I am certainly a fall person.

Well now I am not done for the day. I must unload the dishwasher, and process the tomatoes after they have cooled, and then tidy myself up for my husband at the moment I surely look like a tired housewife.
So so long for today.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment