Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TYSON'S WEDDING. MY DAUGHTER GINA, HER SON SETH (MY GRANDSON) AND YOURS TRULY

I like this photo with two of my favorite people. My daughter Gina and grandson Seth.
How did one Gramma get so fortunate to have two grandsons that are absolutely amazing?
Seth has always been mature for his years. When he was a young child he was always thoughtful, centered, neat, kind and good. He is still the same. He always tries to draw you into a conversation, he is always considerate and such a good man. I am so proud of both Tyson and Seth. They are such grand human beings. Of course my granddaughters are also amazing. Each one different in their special ways. Both beautiful young women and they both adore their grammy. I am blessed.

It sounds as if my brother may not be making a road trip here in his new van. He has had plumbing problems at his home in Kalama. Of course though he is almost 85 years old that event is happening the 17th of October, he still continues to do all the house repairs himself.  So this waterline problem has taken a while to repair. If he feels he does not want to make the drive here I understand as anytime now we could start having hard rains and driving that freeway is no picnic in thrashing rain. My husband I will go to his place early November if work is slow here and spend two nights. I have not seen my brother since a year ago June that is just too long but both our lives are full and busy so it is hard to make the time. I do wish we lived closer.

I have started adding fall decor in my home. At the farm I picked up colorful Indian corn, tiny tot pumpkins,  and a couple small gourds. I gathered them together in a large basket in the shape of a scoop. Put it on my dining room with fall candles to each side. I decorated my kitchen window sill with a small piece of driftwood that my hubby varnished for me. Beside the driftwood is a tin pot filled with faux fall leaves and snuggled in the foliage is a little glass green frog. It is a pleasing array of colors and I adore frogs so I like it. I will do a few more things as we get more into the fall mode. I did hang my fall harvest wreath on the front door. I do not have much room on my front stoop but I can squeeze in my little iron plant stand and plop a jack-0-lantern on it and then grace the steps with various size pumpkins. When I had homes with porches I must say I so loved this time of year and whimsically and colorfully decorated my porches to the hilt.

My daughter is like me. We love to decorate our homes and switch things up with our accessories from time to time. Gina has a gift as she never has had design training. But she instinctively knows what to do. She does not over do and clutter the spaces of her home. She uses the just the right amount of accent pieces, art work and accessories with class.  I on the other hand did have training, two years of classes on the basics of design and then practical experience with on the job training as well as going to workshops and traveling to North Carolina the hub of the furniture markets as well as the San Francisco and Seattle markets. I have had the opportunity to work with some of the best folks in the northwest learning many skills including display work and setting up model homes. I loved doing store display. Coming up with an idea, gathering a crew to move the furniture, setting the theme, adding the accessories. It was a fun time for me. I did this at Wall St. Interiors in Bend as well as Jacobs fine furniture in Bend. Then when I worked for the Parker family I also helped with the display work at there large stores in Eugene and Portland. It was a very rewarding job. I am thankful for those years that I worked in the design field. But now all that is available to me is to dabble in my own home.

I have chatted on now for so long on subjects other than food, but I have no food talk today. 

Well off to do my daily chores my gal pal is coming this morning so I had better get myself around.
Have a nice day, it is showery here.







No comments:

Post a Comment