Thursday, September 4, 2014

ROASTED SAUCE

There is nothing better than fresh roasted tomato sauce plain and simple over linguine pasta. A little crowning of fresh grated Parmesan cheese is all that's needed. This is the plate my husband dug into with gusto. We are so enjoying our tomatoes this summer. A hot growing season is yielding more tomatoes than years past. As I type another pan of red darlings is roasting for more sauce.

It is windy this afternoon, it was a chilly morning and it was still. I took advantage to tidy the deck, water the potted flowers and herbs and spiff up the gas grill.
The wind chimes at the moment are going crazy they are playing what sounds like acid rock. I may need to take down our patio umbrella if it continues.
A friend of mine lives in Mexico on the Baja. The hurricane Norbet is advancing along the shoreline there. She just posted a video it is thrilling to say the least with torrential rains and gusty wind. It will continue for twenty four hours or so. She seems quite complacent considering what is happening right outside her door. So I will not worry about a little wind here stirring things about.
Wow it is heating up into the high nineties for a couple of days, may reach a hundred degree's here on Saturday. I do not think that will be conducive for the football game OREGON and MICHIGAN STATE at three-thirty. That is so hot to play, there will be leg cramps for sure. My hubby is soooo excited for this game, as it nears he gets more and more animated, like a kid. I love watching college football especially the OREGON ducks but I do not get overly excited.  Well if I am honest that is not true...laugh.
We have a very fun weekend ahead and are looking so forward to the game, spending time with family and a wedding!

My oven timer has just beeped so time to take the roasted tomatoes out, let them cool and make sauce. The doors are open to the screen doors, the breeze in keeping the house just perfect even with the oven on. I love a day like this.
On that note I will leave you now and continue on with this wonderful day.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment