Monday, September 15, 2014

MY STYLE

This is my style. Sometimes I will come across a picture in a magazine that is who I am! I would love to have a covered patio so I could have an arrangement very similar to this though perhaps with more comfy chairs. Maybe someday.  We have no room for a covered patio unless we put a roof over our deck and I am not willing to part with the sunshine that floods into the house, especially in winter. However if we were to buy another home a covered patio would be a must.

Today will be our last hot ninety something degree day perhaps until next spring, who knows? We are dropping tomorrow into the low eighties/high seventies. I would say that will be very nice indeed.
I am ready for the cooler fall weather. It will still be lovely outdoors but oh so much more comfortable.

I am thrilled today that I do not have a counter loaded with tomatoes or plums. However tomorrow I will be back at making sauce as we have many red tomatoes ready for picking. I am going to try my hand this afternoon making some zucchini pickles however. I think that will be fun I am going to make a couple of jars.
I am going to comment that the Magical plum cobbler I made was one of the best deserts I have ever hummed through. It is more like a plum cake with the gooey plums on the bottom and topped with a cakey crust. It is divine with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. After this evening it will be gone but not forgotten. I will make my gravenstein pie later in the week.

Today I work in the office. I have already started by sending out a stack of bills.  I need to take care of filing, making forms, balancing the business budget, sending out some correspondence, and thoroughly cleaning the office from top to bottom. I am not looking forward to this but it must be done today!

Here's a funny little story.
When I was at my sons this summer I was sharing some of my Food Network magazines with him. He enjoyed them as it is a great magazine, large size and glossy pages of food items photographed beautifully with understandable recipes. My son likes to cook so I thought it would be fun to surprise him with a subscription to that magazine.
So I did just that some time back. The other day I happened to mention to him while chatting on the phone if he had received anything in the mail that he was not expecting. He replied, I did as a matter of fact for some reason I got a bill for Food Network magazine for twenty dollars. I said what? He read me the billing statement over the phone. It said, thank you for the gift purchase please pay the following amount.
Hmm. Well I said, I bought a subscription to that magazine for you. Why are they billing you when they should have billed me? Well he was thrilled to know he would be receiving the magazine. But we could not come to terms with the bill. So he gave me the information number off the billing statement. I went online to see what was going on. Well what they did was charge him for an added years subscription for me. It showed he had no subscription at all.  So now I have magazines coming until March 2016. I called him back and gave him this news. He said, good gift Mom you buy me a subscription that I have to pay for and you get the magazines! We both started laughing.
Well today I will go online and pay the bill that was sent to him and order and pay for another subscription for him. But hey I have a magazine I love until March 2016. End of story.

Well I am wasting time now and I must get busy. You know I dread paperwork so I am procrastinating a tad.
At least I have my pickle making adventure this afternoon and I am making of my signature dishes for dinner. My very own, polenta, sausage, mixed pepper casserole with my homemade pasta sauce and topped with Italian cheeses. This is an amazing tasting casserole influenced by the peppers and rich red sauce.  I make a 9x13 size as my hubby cannot get enough of it. So two nights of yummy eating for us.
I really must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment