Sunday, September 14, 2014

WEDDING



This is a few photo's of my grandson Tyson's wedding this past Sunday. I am sorry I do not have more to share a this time but more photos will be coming.
It was such a sweet wedding, unpretentious just as they are as a couple. Tyson told me come dressed as you like we want everyone to feel comfortable that was the idea as it was hot and was held at a park so it was casual. So everyone was comfortable and relaxed in a very beautiful setting nestled beside the Willamette river right where the bride Lindsey learned to water ski when she was a very young girl. Her father told me they camped there at the park many times in Lindsey's young life so it was all very appropriate and had meaning for her and her family.
Baby girl Olivia Tyson's and Lindsey's little girl who will turn one shortly was in the arms of the maid of honor as the wedding procession came down the isle. Olivia was dressed in a long pink silk dress with red rosebuds adoring the hem. She had a crown of flowers on her head. They were the first to walk down the isle and as they did my eyes loaded with tears as did my son Mike's and when I looked at Mike and Gina my daughter looked at her brother Mike with tears streaming down his face we all totally lost it. Then my husband and my ex husband were also dealing with teary eyes. Mike, father of the groom Tyson was so overcome with emotion. It seems when we see someone we love reduced to tears it brings those tears to our own eyes. We cannot help it because there is so much love running though us all. It is family what more is there to say. It did not seem strange to me at all sitting between my my ex-husband and my now husband. Nor did it seem uncomfortable for our spouses. Nothing was about us it was about Tyson whom we all love and adore.
It was a wonderful weekend filled with love.

When we returned home it was back to reality. My hubby went to the garden to take care of business. He brought back to the kitchen a huge basket of tomatoes. We had only been gone three days and we had masses of ripe tomatoes. So the day after we returned I found myself elbow deep in tomatoes making sauce once again. The next day my husband brings home from the job site a five gallon bucket of Italian plums. So another day in the kitchen making plum preserves and plum cobbler. My house is needing attention but between office duties and being a Suzy homemaker everything else is in dire need.
Today(Wednesday) was busy also. I did what I could another batch of jam and more tomatoes. A few little house chores accomplished and then my hubby is home early afternoon and we are off to take his mother to lunch as it has been a while since we have picked her up from the memory care home to spend time with her. I even hate to think about what I need to do tomorrow. Usually I am on top of everything but tending to the produce has thrown me off kilter.I also want to make apple sauce and an apple pie and a few more loaves of zucchini bread and freeze more corn as surprisingly it is still going strong at the farm. So I will be busy for a while yet.

So here it is several days later and my life is still a whirlwind. I still have the office mess hanging over my head I am in here working each day but there is so much paperwork right now with hubby so busy. I am still making tomato sauce, I had to freeze the remainder of the plums as I had no more use for them at this time. 

It was OREGON ducks football yesterday so we had a great time cheering on our team. What a fun game! Our quarterback is a star! I made pizza for the game always a fave.

The weather is still amazing and still in the nineties. Cooler at night however which makes it very nice in the mornings when the doors are opened to fill our house with crisp fresh air.
Here it is Sunday already and I am going to close this post and go finish the Sunday paper. I got waylaid by kitchen duties this morning, yep more sauce making.
With such lovely weather perhaps you should get out the door and take a walk or whatever pleases you, the rainy weather will be here before we know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment