Thursday, July 15, 2010

Countryside

I am always in awe when I drive through our beautiful Willamette Valley. The lush greenery grabs your eye and then explodes in a plethora of greens that never fails to grab my heart.
On Saturday my husband and I are taking a drive through some country we have not seen before. Of course the camera is going along and perhaps a picnic lunch. I love going for drives. When I was a young girl my Dad always took the family on Sunday drives. We would drive for miles on back country roads as he pointed out this and that. I learned about the different kinds of trees and wildlife. He was a joker so he always teased us and told funny little stories as he drove along. My Mom always packed us a wonderful picnic lunch and we would find a lovely spot somewhere usually near a creek or a lake and Mom would spread an old quilt down and then we would devour the basket of food. It was so much fun and I have been addicted to taking drives throughout my lifetime. Thanks Dad.

Tonight for dinner I am making a shrimp and pasta dish. We thought shrimp sounded yummy for tonight. The only side we will have is a husky wheat Tuscan bread. Believe me this is a hunk of bread. I could eat way too much of this kind of bread. My downfall I know. I love to start my day with a piece lightly toasted smeared with honey butter. I know, I know, a fat fix, but I will say on the few occasions I have done that, that piece of bread has stayed with me for hours.
So tomorrow Iwill post my recipe for the shrimp pasta dish and perhaps have a picture too. You have to remember I am eating the meal so I cannot take to long with the photo's as my food will get cold. So I snap a couple of shots and hope for the best.

Well I have been waiting for the sun to leave the driveway. I decoded I am going to wash my car today. I normally run it through the car wash. But it is hot out there and being out in the heat with the breeze blowing the water back at you, well it just sounds like fun. Besides I will have saved seven dollars and will also get a little exercise.
So I am off to fill the bucket and hook up the hose. Yahoo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment