Monday, July 19, 2010

King Estate winery

This is not the winery we went to on Saturday. This is the big daddy winery here in Lane County, King Estate. We go every year and there are many wineries in the area to stop at along the way. This is grand winery with world renown wine. I forgot the camera on Saturday and I so wished I had not. The countryside was so beautiful with the rolling hills and acres of grapevines and the groves of timber rimming the valleys.
We enjoyed our little outing very much. And we so enjoyed High Pass winery. We each had a glass of their 2005 pinot noir a mouthful of pleasure believe me. We bought a bottle to bring home also. We sat outside there under a covered patio watching a Gold Finch twitter about our heads while playing in a lattice laced with flowers. We will go again. We decided there are quite a few wineries we have yet to visit. So we are going to try to get to one or two on the weekends if hubby is not working. Most are small affairs and very home spun. Talking with the owners and growers is a friendly experience like visiting old friends.

We grilled burgers last evening. I have already shared how we do our burgers on a previous blog. So nothing new to add there.
However I did create a waffle breakfast panini this morning. I had it loaded so it was rather messy to eat but tasty.
This is what I did.
I toasted a square frozen waffle.
Cutting the waffle into four portions to make two panini' sanwiches.
On the inside of each piece I drizzled a little honey.
Then added three slices of smoked Gouda cheese to one side
Atop the cheese I added three crisp strips of bacon
Atop the bacon I added three thin slices of pear
Atop the pear I scattered a tablespoon of toasted chopped walnuts
then three more slices of cheese before adding the top piece.
Repeat for the other panini.
Put in hot panini maker and toast until the cheese melts and there are grid marks on the waffle.
Grab at least two napkins, maybe three!

Well that is all for the day. I must get outdoors and take care of a few things. It is a beautiful day here in the valley. Such a sweet place to live.
Till later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment