Friday, July 2, 2010

This is the salad I made for my long time friend the other evening.
Just fresh greens, edamame, corn, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and marinated grilled shrimp, garnished with a lemon wedge and chives and one scallion.
The actual recipe is on a previous blog.
This is my first try at posting a photo. Believe me I am barely functional on the computer. I am much better in my kitchen.

For tonight's dinner I am making reuben panini's.
Ingredients:
marble rye
swiss cheese
jack cheese
deli corn beef
sauerkraut
thousand island dressing
dill pickle spears to the side

We love these panini's they are so creamy with the cheese and tart from the sauerkraut. Sometimes we use pastrami instead of corn beef. You do not need much for sides, a pickle suffices. These are big fat sandwiches.
Stuff them full of meat and coat the outsides of the bread with olive oil and put in your hot panni maker till deep grill marks appear and the cheese is starting to ooze out.
I have a tip for the sauerkraut. Instead right out of the jar put your kraut in a saucepan and add a couple squirts of ketchup and a spoon of brown sugar and heat. This method really cuts the acidity of the sauerkraut but it is still tangy enough.

We are having this easy dinner tonight as my husbands brother is coming for a visit and we are not quite sure when will be eating, it could be late. So I can make these up ahead and put in the panini maker whenever.

Have a nice Friday evening. The fireworks have already started in this neighborhood. Oh yeah........not!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment