Friday, July 16, 2010

Garlic and basil linguine with grilled shrimp

Dinner last night was colorful and a yummy mouthful. This plate I photographed was my dinner. However I took a good portion off this plate before I ate my dinner.

Here is the recipe:
Garlic basil linguine with grilled shrimp
Ingredients:
1 eight oz package of basil and garlic linguine. I used Trader Joe's brand.
1 dozen or more medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined with tails removed
1/4 cup Italian dressing for marinating the shrimp
salt and pepper to taste.
1 bunch scallions sliced thin
3 Roma tomatoes chopped
1/2 shallot sliced
1 large clove garlic minced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

Marinate the cleaned shrimp in the Italian dressing coating well and put in fridge for at least an hour.
In a small sauce pan add the olive oil, the scallions, garlic and shallots heat slowly until hot. Do not scorch.
Grill shrimp in a grill basket on high heat, toss them with the marinade, keep it hot so they get a little blackened. Do this as quickly as shrimp cooks in a few minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside.
Chop the tomatoes and add them to the hot olive oil mixture you just want to heat the tomatoes you do not want to cook them.
When the pasta is el dente, strain but reserve a little pasta water. Add the pasta to a large flat bottom pasta serving bowl. Pour the olive oil tomato mixture over the pasta and mix well to moisten all of the pasta. If you need a little extra moisture you can add a bit of the pasta water. Add the shrimp.
Serve in individual bowls or on plates with grated good quality Parmesan cheese. Add a salad or good bread for a side.

This is really a simple tasty meal. This is the kind of meal I liked to prepare when I was a working gal. My feet would not cross our threshold until almost seven. So fixing a quick meal was a must. By the time I sipped a glass of wine the meal was done.
Note. If you use plain linguine you would want to add another clove of garlic and a little chopped basil to the olive oil

I went out to the mall early this morning. I do not like to shop but sometimes I must force myself. I needed to buy a few personal things for myself and I needed a few items for my kitchen. I love to shop for kitchen things. I have been wanting a instant read thermometer. They are so easy to use and then you know for sure that your meat is done to your liking and more importantly safe to consume. I did enjoy myself browsing and picking up little things. Amazing!

We are looking forward to our weekend. The weather will be perfect though we expect a healthy breeze. That is usually not the pattern here in July. That wind keeps the pollen stirred up which upsets a lot of folks in this area, as we are the grass pollen capitol of the world. True.

Do have a lovely weekend. We are grilling this weekend so I may not blog about that as it is old hat but enjoyable this time of year. However next week there will be new things being prepared in this household.
Till then.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment