Wednesday, July 7, 2010

FESTIVE SALSA

The festive salsa that I made yesterday was very tasty. I say was as it is almost gone. It was very mild and fresh tasting with the hints or cilantro and lime. It is also healthy when you have it with organic chips. Salsa's are so easy to make and really take no time at all. What is better than putting your own fresh salsa together with what you like? When our tomatoes are on we have fresh salsa in the fridge everyday.

I will not be sharing our dinner recipe tonight as we are just having various fresh farm veggies and rice. We have had quite a bit of meat lately and that is something we try to limit. It seems in summer we love to grill and of course we grill vegetables but it seems we grill meat and sea food more frequently. I am sure this weekend there will be steaks, chops or fish on the grill.

Can you believe it is to be 96 degrees today? Well now it seems it went from cooler than normal to hotter than normal. Well that is Oregon. I tended the garden and flowers late last evening so they went to sleep in damp beds. So they will endure the heat until I repeat the process tonight. Of course we do not water the tomatoes as much as the other veggies as the tomatoes really do better with dry feet.
I took an amazing photo of a squash blossom yesterday. I was kneeling down into the raised beds with my head under the huge zucchini leaves and my camera zooming in on this bright yellow blossom. Snapping away I felt like I was on assignment for Nat Geo.

I walked very early this morning to beat the heat. But I must say I was quite overheated when I returned to the air conditioned house. Today is the first day we have turned the air on. We try to hold off as long as possible. We prefer getting our air via the fans and screen doors.

Today is a work day for me as there is much to do in the office, so best get at it.
Enjoy your day and stay cool.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment