Saturday, September 25, 2010

LUNCH

Actually I took this photo last year but it would look the same if I took it today. Yes the tomatoes are still coming on strong. We have been picking two to four everyday.

Today I made four loaves of zucchini bread with the last of the zucchini's. I have the loaves nicely tucked into the freezer. The house now has this amazing aroma from the baking, makes my heart happy. I have the doors open, I love having screen doors this time of year especially. It is so warm out but it is fall no doubt. The leaves on the trees along our street are starting their march toward winter. Spots of gold and red are spattered through the foliage now.
I have overheard many geese flying away to their winter destinations. The garden spiders are catching as many little summer bugs in their webs as possible. I will knock webs down on the way to my garden as not to get spiders in my hair but if I look a half hour later the webs are there again. How industrious the spiders are. All is coming to an end for the garden and flowers soon, it is sad but it is life and spring will come and all starts again.

Today I also made some salsa bravo and I must tell the truth I made a silly mistake. I had my crushed tomatoes(from a can) two serrano peppers, olive oil, seasonings etc in the food processor. The last ingredient to add was smokey paprika. Well I must have not looked close enough at the recipe as I thought it said one tablespoon smokey paprika. I tasted the final product and thought wow this is really smokey. I looked at the recipe once more and it said one teaspoon. So I added just a little more crushed tomatoes to the mix. It is still really smokey. I may be in luck though as my hubby loves smokey. Maybe I should not tell him and see what he thinks before I fess up.
We like bravo on our eggs in the morning and really on a lot of things, it is a nice little hot dip. This is first time I have made my own however, may be the last ha. If it is not our liking for a dip I can always use as a paste for meats on the grill.

We are looking forward to the games today. My husband is working a spilt day today. So he should be home shortly for the second time today. Then he will plop on the sofa and be in college football world the rest of the day. He does love his college football. My mouth is getting ready for our sloppy Joe's and salad.

I am going to go now and sit in the sun on our deck and enjoy this perfect fall day. The birds out there are just all a chatter today enjoying the warmth.
Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment