Saturday, September 18, 2010

Silver Lake WA.


We had a wonderful five day getaway with my dear brother.
The weather the first two days were grand. Deep blue skies and warm sun.
We spent a lot of time on the lake in the boat. It is a large lake with many canals meandering throughout campgrounds and residential area's. This is really quite a unique place and so loved by my brother. He has been going there since he was a young boy. I will post another photo or so in a day or two. That is Mt. Rainier that you see on the horizon line of the first photo.

I made one of our favorite meals while there it is easy and tasty.
I will share that recipe now.
HUNGARIAN PORK OR BEEF WITH NOODLES. This time I used pork.
2 pounds of pork shoulder boned and cut into small cubes.
two tablespoons flour
one can of diced tomatoes
one half onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon of thyme
2 tablespoons paprika
salt and pepper to taste
one cup of sour cream
three quarters package egg noodles

Add the cubed meat to the slow cooker
mix in the flour and stir well
add the other ingredients except for the sour cream and noodles and mix again
Cover and cook on high for five hours or until the meat is fork tender.

A half hour before serving add the cup of sour cream and stir gently to incorporate
Serve over the noodles in a bowl
Serve a good crusty bread along side for mopping up the extra sauce.

This dish is so easy to make up when you go somewhere, just take your slow cooker along. I put it together in the morning and boated the rest of the day while dinner cooked. If you prefer to use beef sirloin steak is the best. Just cube and make the same way as the pork.

Today is OREGON football for us. We are going to watch the game at our families house. My hubby made a huge bowl of salsa made with our fresh tomatoes and peppers from our garden to take along. He made it quite hot as his family loves it that way. He was sweet and made a milder version for me. What a guy!

Well I am off for my walk probably in the rain by the looks of it. Well it is not cold and the umbrella will go along and I will come home smelling like fresh laundry.

Sunday or Monday I am making a tomato pie the recipe looks good but I have not made it before.
I will make my own pie crust. It has mozzarella and Parmesan cheese too. It should be yummy.....well see. I will post a report and a picture, sometimes you never know.

Have a lovely weekend.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment