Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mt. Hood

Glorious Mt. Hood OR. The photo is compliments of my son. My son lives not far from this National Forest paradise. He took this picture this summer.

We had family for a grill this past weekend. The weather was cooler on Sunday we did eat at the patio table and we started a fire in the fire bowl as the temp dropped after dinner. It truly felt like fall.
This morning was cloudy but now the showers have come in. It is not cold quite mild actually. We have back door open listening to the patter.
This will last through tomorrow then warmer and sunnier weather is on the horizon or so they say. I hope so as we have our last little getaway of the summer planned in WA. state, a few days in a park model cabin at a quiet lake. We will be with my brother he is taking his motor coach and boat. We hope to spend time on the lake just cruising around and do a little fishing. We do not mind if it is cloudy and cool but wet would not be good and if that is going to be the case we will cancel and be sorely dissapointed. Two years ago we went to the same place the same time of year and it was in the eighties. Seems there will be no long days of summer this year. We will have to chalk it up as a very sweet short summer.

Tonight for dinner we forgaged from the freezer. I am making tiny meat balls simmered in swiss sauce, I just need to thaw the sauce. However I am going to add some of our fresh tomatoes to the sauce to brighten it. We are going to serve over rice and of course we are having zucchini in our fave way. Just sauteed in butter and olive oil and topped with grated parmesan cheese.

We just had lunch and it was satisfying and good. We had taco's last night with left over roast beef. So for lunch today we still had the remains of the taco toppers in the fridge. We made soft corn shells and tucked in my refried beans, jack cheese, chopped lettuce and sweet onion, cilantro, and topped with my hubby's fresh tomato salsa he made yesterday. Wow they were so good and fresh tasting. A perfect veggie lunch. This is the best salsa he has made bar none. It is a little milder which I prefer but the ingredients were from our garden freshly picked. Such a difference that makes. He adds lime juice and cilantro to tomatoes, peppers and onions. Good job!

Well I really have no chatter today, this is boring even to me.
I want to walk so I am waiting for a break in the weather. If it continues throughout the day I will have to jump on the exercise bike which is not a fave, but it is better than nothing. I can never stay on a seat of a exercise bike I always keep slipping forward. What a pain, truthfully ha.

Hope you have nice weather were you at and that you are enjoying the last days of summer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment