Monday, September 20, 2010

SUNSHINE IN A JAR

It is a good thing I have sunshine in a jar as there was not a trace of it here today.
This afternoon I blanched tomatoes and made basic tomato sauce. I actually had the opportunity to use about twelve or so tomatoes to make the two quarts. I used a combination of Heirloom and Liberty tomatoes. The jars are now tucked into the freezer for future use. It was a fun and productive time.

It continued to be gloomy throughout most of the day. Those gray looming skies did break up somewhat but then gathered again into their weary, tiresome cover.
I talked to my brother in Washington state. He said it was raining hard and there seemed no end in sight. How sad is that? It is only September.

Tonight we are having tostada's with the left over pork Verde. We are looking forward to those crunchy shells and our favorite toppings.
Tomorrow I am making more zucchini bread as I still have a few in the veggie bin. I love a tiny slice of zucchini bread slathered with whipped cream cheese. I know, I know, but it is comfort food for the soul.

Well there is no news, I suppose I am somewhat bored. I am going pick up my book and plop into my chair now. I am in the midst of a psychological thriller. It is certainly a page turner. Hubby is watching a scary movie. Looks like we both need some diversions on this dreary day.
Maybe there will be sun tomorrow, maybe not.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment