Friday, December 3, 2010

JACK THOMAS WILSON

Well here is this big boy ten days young! He is a chunk and Jana said he is sleeping five hours straight at night. Good boy. He has already had outings with his mommy and daddy. To lunch twice and then downtown Seattle to see Santa. I wonder if he had his list ready? His Mommy said he was upset Sunday when the Seahawks lost...he was grouchy I think.

Another gray dull day in Eugene Oregon. My brother called earlier he was down at the river plunking. He said the sun was out though it was a tad chilly but not bad. I wanted sun today, I am jealous. Seems we get so much fog here and low clouds. We are trapped between the Coastal range and the Cascade range. So we have this tantalizing trap that all loves to hang out in.

Tomorrow is the day!!!! OREGON versus OREGON STATE. Our going to the National championships on the line. Hubby is nervous but is quite confident that we will prevail. However strange things happen in the Civil war. I do not know if I can stand another nail bitter, I have no nails left. Normally I have pretty nails, my own and natural. Of late they are ragged and splitting, they seem to be in my mouth a lot............hmmmm. I would have never thought in my younger years I would be so enthralled with college football. My hubby and his family have made me so as well as living here in the heart of it all. This city home of the OREGON ducks is crazy believe me. I know on game day if you do not wear the OREGON colors folks look at you with scorn. But of course I always wear the gear on game day, I am a girl in the know!
We are grilling burgers tomorrow at half time and then putting the grill away Sunday for the winter. I will make homemade fries to go with. I will have everything ready to go before the game starts as I cannot miss a moment of the game.
If for some horrible reason(cheating no doubt) we lose at least we go to the Rose Bowl, a nice consolation prize. However I say GO DUCKS onward to the Nationals, all the way you little quackers!

The potato soup was good last night and we will have the remains tonight. So I have night off it seems. Hubby had a big lunch out between jobs today. He is home now working on a jigsaw puzzle. In winter seems we always have the Scrabble board or a puzzle going on the dining room table. Keeps him out of trouble and my hair is what I think.

I managed to read a couple chapters today in my book. Oh I am so taken with so many of the books I read. You learn so much. Through books I have traveled the world, I have lived other lives in other places. I have experienced the heartache and emotions of others. I have cried, laughed, despaired and been lifted to amazing heights all because of books! It is hard for me understand that some folks do not read, they watch the boob tube and let it go at that or maybe read an occasional magazine article. Oh, they truly miss so much.
Well on that note, I think I may have time for another chapter. Cannot wait to see what is going to happen to Juliet, will she jump off Niagara Falls or not? See what I mean? She is only sixteen years old and has a self serving Mother who does not pay her attention and constantly hurts her with cruel words...........well it is life I suppose. There are so many realities out there, folks living lives we have no idea about. We live our own little lives comfortable in our reality of what is real for us. It is good to explore and wonder how others live. To at least feel sympathetic in our hearts and feel for their torment or in some cases their triumphs. It is good to read.
Best get off the soap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment