Sunday, December 5, 2010

LAST WINTER

Well thankfully we have not seen this white stuff yet this year. This was the view of our street from the living room window.
Today we have a clear skies well there are a sprinkling of clouds here and there very high in the sky. It is chilly out as there is a small breeze. I walked earlier and bundled up to much, I was peeling off clothes before I returned home.

The the main thing I have to say today is...........our OREGON DUCKS did their job once again. We are on our way to the national championships in January. This is an amazing feat for our university and team.
It amazed yesterday as were watching the game the amount of folks strolling along the side walks walking their dogs. Drivers buzzing by the house.............why aren't they in their houses watching the DUCKS play ball. After all they live in the very area that it is taking place and folks are watching from all over America. Go figure?
I did pretty well I never chewed one fingernail. Well I do not have any left to chew but that is beside the point I was being good. I did however twist my hair so much it looked like I had dreadlocks. I just get nervous and need to do something with my hands. If it is someone other than our OREGON DUCKS playing I will crochet. Now it is over till January. It will be a game I fear against Auburn. Their style of play is very much like our own. You know however even if we do not win we are winners. Just getting there is such a huge accomplishment. Somehow I do see Coach Kelly though with that crystal ball in his hands. I kept saying this whole season it is the perfect storm for us. Let us carry on to the end and win!

I put a pork roast in the slow cooker this morning. I first rubbed it with my spicy rub I make up and then put in the slow cooker and covered it with a few pickled jalapeno peppers and then topped with about a cup of salsa verde. Later when it is tender I will shred it and make enchilada's. We will have black beans to the side and load all with sour cream dollops and chopped sweet onion.
Our burgies were really good last night. We decided to wait and eat after the game which turned out to be a good idea. Hubby wanted bacon so we put bacon on them and two kinds of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, hot peppers, onions, special sauce all on toasted onion rolls. I made home fries to go with. We had worked up a hearty appetite jumping up and down and cheering while watching the game. So it was a fun day for us here in Eugene Oregon.

Today is a laid back day for us. Sunday's normally are. Whatever you are doing enjoy your Sunday.
Till later
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment