Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WOK FOOD A FAVE!

This wok food is such good healthy fare and a great way to eat your veggies.
I chopped up chicken tenders, salt and peppered them rolled them in corn starch and fried in the wok till done. I then removed them and sat aside. Then I wiped out the wok and added a little canola oil till the wok very hot and added the chopped veggies. I always love that first sizzle when the vegetables hit the hot wok. While stirring them around I added a little Bragg's amino's. This is a soy based product but natural and very nutritious and not as salty as soy sauce.
These are the vegetables I choose this time. Bok choy(Chinese cabbage) radish's, zucchini, onion, carrot, celery, edamame, orange bell pepper and green bell pepper. After the vegetables were crisp tender I added the chicken back in to heat.
Then we spooned the veggies and chicken over sticky rice in bowls. Topped with a little sweet and sour sauce and little more Bragg's and crunchy Chinese noodles. I like this wok food with shrimp and chicken mixed or just shrimp, beef or pork. Or you can skip all the meat and have a straight veggie meal. Of course as always you can use any vegetables you prefer.
To make the food pretty and interesting I sliced the carrots two ways. One way was into ovals the other was thin strips I made by using the peeler. Also I cut the peppers two ways. I made match sticks and slices.

We went shopping for the ingredients to make three different kinds of salsa. I will post photo's with the results, hubby is doing this. He thought it would make for a fun day. I will tell all about his adventure in the kitchen with the many kinds of peppers and such.

Till later have a good day and eat your peppers. They keep your digestion system operating efficiently and the doctor away too. Or is that the apple? I forget. Silly me!



No comments:

Post a Comment