Monday, December 6, 2010

LEFTOVERS

Posted by PicasaThis was a very good dish. We ate half so tonight it is on the menu again.
The pork roast was tender and juicy with a hint of heat. I already mentioned yesterday in my blog what I did with the roast. Here is how I put it all together.
I used a 7x11 casserole dish. But you can use any size you like just make less or more enchilada's. I also used a large can of the green enchilada sauce and about two cups of cheese for the top.
The recipe is so easy, just simple enchilada's. I sprayed my casserole dish with cooking spray for easy cleanup. Then I put a ladle full of the green enchilada sauce in the bottom to cover. I sprayed my corn tortillas with cooking spray and heated them till limp and then added the shredded pork and rolled them and placed them seam down in the casserole dish. Then I completely covered them with all the enchilada sauce. Then I topped them with lots of cheddar cheese and nacho sliced jalapeno peppers. I baked them at 375 degree's for about thirty five minutes till all was bubbly and the cheese had started to brown. After serving up we topped them off with a dollop of sour cream, splashes medium hot taco sauce and minced orange sweet pepper and sweet onion and served with black beans along side with the same toppings.

Well this blog will be short as it is Monday and I have much on my plate to take care of today.
Tomorrow I am going to post wonderful photo my son took while snowmobiling near Mt. Hood this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment