Sunday, January 23, 2011

AGAIN

Could not resist putting the sunset on the blog again. The second exposure is how it looked a few minutes later. Look how it has faded to lavender and blue. In the first photo those tangled branches seem almost torched by the fiery sky.
Actually this tree is a pain f
or part of the year. In summer it really blocks too much sun from our back deck. In fall, well you can imagine, it is a huge tree so of course there is massive leaf drop. But in winter I love this tree as the sky is always magic behind it's branches and limbs.

Yesterday was a bit boring to say the least. I read for a couple hours curled up in my red plaid chair. Hubby was playing chess on the computer he can spend a couple hours easily lost in strategical play. So the house was as quiet as a mouse or perhaps dust while we were doing what we enjoyed.
Later his sis and brother walked down for a visit. So we had some drinks and snacks and played some games and then watched a movie. So the day slid by without incident or much excitement. I fear today is the same.
I did get up early this morning and went for my weekly groceries. Now mind you I never shop on Sunday morning but I did not grocery shop this past week. So our fridge and pantry were sparse.
Surprisingly the store was not very busy. Plenty of parking for a change and light traffic. So I whizzed right through the whole list quite quickly without running over anyone or getting annoyed in line. A good job I think.

The day is a pretty one today. So fresh with blue skies...........thank you universe! My legs felt chilled though beneath my jeans as I loaded the groceries into my rig. There definitely is an icy chill around the edges of the air. However today I am doing my walking outdoors as soon as I sign off here. I have been doing my walk/dancing in the house most days. That is working for me. Using the hand weights is helping to tighten up my body and I have needed a tune up for some time. So I will stick with it. Actually I like it, it is quite fun and I lightens my spirit as well as my body. Two rewards for one investment!

This afternoon as hubby watches football I will once again have my nose in a book. I have two more unread books posing on my chest next to my chair. It seems they beckon to me as every once in a while I look over anxiously knowing they are waiting for me. Am I sick or what? Could be I suppose as I consider books my companions. They are always there when I need them, they teach me things, I can carelessly toss them aside and they do not care. I do not have to feed them and no need for a pooper scooper. They just wait and are pleased when my hands open their cover, they know for me it is like opening a gift.

Time to close, walk and read.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment