Monday, January 24, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HIGH SCHOOL GIRLFRIEND.
This is Judy, I met her when I was fourteen. We were such close friends in high school. Throughout the years we have stayed in touch. So she is my oldest(no pun taken here) friend.
She is in Arizona now with her hubby. They go every year to Yuma and other destinations. They love the sun and so the gray old drizzly skies of western Oregon are forgotten for a few months as they soak up the heat.

The first time I saw Judy was at my eighth grade graduation. She was from a smaller school as was I. Our graduation was held at what was to be our high school.
I remember seeing her and thinking what a bubbly gal she was. So short with long dark hair and bright happy blue eyes. Just observing her you could tell she was so social. She was chatting with everyone and laughing and so outgoing. Oh how I wished I could be like that.
The next time I saw her was in summer before our freshman high school year started. It was at our county fair. My parents had dropped me off at the fair as I was meeting a boy there. As my boyfriend and I were walking around we came upon Judy. She was so tan from the summer sun she was all bright and bubbly when she saw us. With her giggly laughter and those bright blue eyes and her ponytail swinging, she was a delight. She was so sweet to me and I liked her immediately. We started chatting and somehow we bonded right then on that very afternoon. When school started we sought each other out and became very close friends.

So this blog is for Judy. My dear friend who knows what I was like all those years ago. She knew my thoughts and my dreams for the future. She knew my weakness's, my quiet side and wild and crazy side. She knew my secrets and better yet she kept them. She was a great friend in those years and still in years to follow.

So happy birthday to my friend Judy, have a grand huge day.
I wish I was there with you soaking up that sun!
Zo
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment