Thursday, January 20, 2011

SUNSET FROM THE DECK

This is the sunset from our deck last evening. It was one of the prettiest sunsets we have had this winter. It was amazing how the colors changed from this burst of orange to a airy purple blue just minutes after this photo was taken.
I love to take photo's of barren trees in winter. There is always some penetrating light that touches their stark limbs and transforms them somehow. This fiery backdrop defines tangled twisted branches awaiting the warmth of spring.

I have not blogged for a number of days. Reason being, our life right now is as boring as dust!
We did venture out yesterday to walk along the Willamette River through our city park. The walk was rejuvenating for our bodies and spirits. We walked under a sky of deep blue with billowed clouds and air so brisk it chilled our faces. We walked at a quick pace to stay warm. At one point I stopped and tilted my head back, face to the sun. I did not want to move on, hubby said lets go, I just kept standing there enjoying the suns warm embrace.

We did have a lovely dinner last night. We deep fried halibut in my famous triple dredge. It makes for a crispy outside bursting open to tender juicy fish. We had sides of home fries and slaw.
Triple dredge is, flour first, egg wash second and panko and Krusteaz bake and fry coating mixed together for the final dredge. All I did was salt and pepper the fish before the dunking process. We use this method for most all our deep fry. It is always perfect.

Tonight for dinner we are having chicken, fontina, garlic sausages simmered in my homemade marinara served over whole wheat spaghetti with crusty Italian bread with garlic butter. Hubby wanted a comfort food dinner. We love a meal like this and more than likely will have leftovers for lunch or dinner the following evening.

This week I will be making a spinach ricotta pie. This has been a fave in the family for years, though I have not made it for some time. It starts with a home made pie crust, a rich creamy filling with lots of flavor. I will post a photo and the recipe. It is a keeper and quite simple. You can always use pre-made pie crust if you do not want to bother with making one from scratch. However that is something I do not budge on. That homemade tender pie crust is so wonderful no matter it holds.

For today that is it. I will go now and watch the dust pile up. My entertainment of late!
Seriously, I want to read in my book, I can barely put it down. What an intriguing story.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment