Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BREAKFAST AT ZO'S

Yummy breakfast this morning.
I fixed scrambled eggs with ricotta cheese, spinach, onions and cheddar cheese with a bagel to the side with my homemade freezer mixed berry jam and orange juice.
We were quite famished this morning for some reason. We did stay up late last night perhaps that is the reason.
After breakfast we tidy'd the house and drove over to the University dist. We parked the car and walked around our huge football stadium, Autzen Stadium. We walked to PK Park our baseball ball stadium and then on to Cuthbert Amphitheater. So about a hour of walking at a fast pace. It was nice to get out of the neighborhood for my daily walk and I enjoyed hubby along for the stroll.
The sky was blue with thin clouds flitting about ever so lightly then evaporating to reveal blue skies once more, then the faint clouds would appear again. So it was a good walk with the chilled air in our faces just lovely for the end of January.
Hubby said his legs ached a bit. He does not walk everyday as I do so I can understand that.

The spinach ricotta pie I made the other evening was really yummy. We always give the top a good drizzle of hot sauce. I did take a photo but the pie did not photograph well. With the left over pie dough I made little round tarts filled with my mixed berry jam. I gave their tops a egg wash before popping into the oven. This gives a little glaze to the golden crust. You just pop them in your mouth with your coffee or tea in the morning. Good thing I do not make them often as they sure disappear in a hurry.

Tonight we are having beef stroganoff. Not the faux recipe with the cream of mushroom soup and ground beef. This is the real deal. Sirloin steak simmered in a sauce of whipping cream, sour cream, wine and a dab of tomato paste and seasonings and onions and fresh mushrooms. Should be divine. I will serve over fresh pasta noodles with a side of steamed broccoli in lemon butter. I am looking forward to making dinner tonight.

Enjoy your day wherever you are. I talked this morning to a gal in Cleveland Ohio, actually that is where is my Mother was born. Anyhow she said the weather was just dreadful, so cold and windy and they are so tired of all this freezing cold there. I can understand that. We here in the northwest really have it quite good. Mild winters for sure and a beautiful spring, summer and fall. I am happy with that.

Until next time
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment