Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CRAB FEED

Wow what a weekend. I am full of crab that I know for certain.
My sweet daughter and her guy brought us eight dungeness crab. We made coleslaw and french bread. They also brought tasty tiny steamer clams which my daughter Gina cooked with vegetables, white wine and lots of butter. They were so tender we just slurped them quickly one after the other. We had so much crab left over that hubby spent over two hours yesterday picking all that succulent crab out of their bodies and legs. We had crab Louie's yesterday and crab dip. Some went into the freezer and we will eat it next weekend. It was so so wonderful!
The weekend was grand and so much fun, Then we had a day to gather our thoughts and tidy the house and run to the store to get ready for the OREGON/AUBURN game last night.
Well if you watched you know we lost. I am disappointed we lost but our season was amazing and we were there playing that game, the second best in the nation. And the game was hard, a nail bitter. I feel we lost because we did some small things wrong and they added up. Our defense was amazing as was theirs. Thus our problem. So now no more college football until another season and you know what? I am so ready for it to be over for a while. I am worn out with football at this point.

I like when January is over then I know it will be just one more month and spring will start sprouting in the valley here. Yes the bits of vegetation buried in the ground will start to show their faces, soon crocus and daffodils will appear. Oh how I love it when the sprout comes on as I call it. So not much longer to wait, the time will go by quickly as it always seems to.

I am so tired tonight you cannot even imagine. We have been so busy for the past few days, long hours, too much to eat and drink.

We had huge snowflakes drifting down this afternoon. They floated so slowly down I thought they would melt before they touched ground. I was cuddled up on the sofa and watching through the window and it was putting me in a meditative state. I could have drifted as easily as the snowflakes into a deep sleep. I had to get up and make myself do something to get out of that stupor.

I will write more tomorrow as we are having crab cakes. I will take a photo. If I recall I already posted a recipe and photo of my fish cakes. I basically will use the same recipe as it is so yummy. So I will check and see if it is posted and then let you know the blog where you can find it.
Till then

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment