Friday, May 31, 2013

AMAZING SPRING DAY


Posted by PicasaIt is an amazing spring day here today. Not a hint of a breeze a brilliant blue sky with a few faint clouds at the edges. I love it!
We are in for some very warm weather too. :)
That fact does not matter to hubby as he will be working non-stop for some time. He had four more calls for bids yesterday. It is busy out there. I will be leaving in a couple days for Silver Lake. It will also be very nice while I am there and hot here when I return home.

My husband is going to get the tomatoes and cukes into the garden beds while I am gone. We are late again this year doing that but all the rain we have this past week or so it is a good thing we did not have them in the ground. So tomorrow I will pick up some Early girls and also some Celebrity tomato plants those are our favorite. We are putting in nine tomato plants so that is a lot for two folks. But as you know I make roasted tomato sauce with those we do not eat fresh.
The lawns again are up to our ankles but my husband has not had time to mow and I cannot use our mower as I cannot get it started! So that chore falls to him.

Tonight for dinner I am making pork loin cutlets. I coat them three times so they are  very crispy. I will serve a side dish of fried rice. We had rice last night with our chicken dish so I made extra for the fried rice tonight. Also I will serve a simple salad of spring greens with a mustard vinaigrette dressing.

Today I am packing my little carry on suitcase. That is all I will need. A pair of shorts, a pair of jeans and crop pants. Three shirts and a hoody and sleepy clothes. That is it! So it will not take me long to load that little bag.
Tomorrow I will prepare some food ahead for my husband. I am making him a pot of mac and cheese and tomorrow night for dinner I am making a pot of chili which he can have again. I will make some biscuits and gravy for his breakfasts. They way he can just pop his breakfast in the microwave and heat.
You know I did that when we traveled or camped. As I am not a breakfast eater and sometimes do not like the big mess of making him breakfast, I made the biscuits and gravy before going, so an easy fix.

Well so far Topeka Kansas is safe from tornado's. Looks as if the area's to watch for now are farther east. My granddaughter messaged me and said, "don't worry Gramma, no one gets more scared than I do, so I am always aware of what is going on and listening for those sirens." Bless her heart she is such a lovely young woman and has always been so sweet.
I know about the sirens. I was in Thomasville North Carolina at furniture school. I was there actually for eight days. Well two of days we had tornado warnings and the sirens were loud. It really made me nervous as I was a Oregon gal there on my own in my own room. I remember I called my hubby for reassurance. But all it did was scare him and did not reassure me!

Well I am dawdling now as I do not want to clean up the kitchen or even do any house chores at all today. Sometimes I get like that and have to force myself. Just being an old lazy bones today I suppose.

Do have a nice day. I so love that it is pretty out. But I will not venture out as my eyes are still bad. But still is it lovely to have the sun trying to stream in through my dirty windows.
Off I got to housework world......sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment