Saturday, August 6, 2011

CRESCENT LAKE OREGON


Posted by PicasaI am back from my little adventure. Enjoyed the companionship with my friend we never stopped talking. Did not enjoy the clouds of mosquito's nor the lakes high water covering the beaches. The few places that were accessible to the water there were to many folks about.  So it felt crowded though there were very few people. We were constantly swatting at the mosquito's though we sprayed ourselves with repellent. I am no fan of mosquito's and with the lake so high it was not the usual experience there. However the weather was amazing. Warm days and frigid nights and the deep blue skies and water contrasting with the lush green of the trees seeped deep into my soul. I have been needing a nature fix and this was it.


I came back to the fridge in the garage stuffed full of zucchini, yikes. So today I start using it up as more is ready in the garden. I really fear we planted to many this year. Tonight I am going to make some zucchini cakes to go along with lemon/garlic grilled chicken and a salad with our garden veggies. I am going to make some zucchini pickles this afternoon. Tomorrow I will run early to the store for ingredients for more zucchini relish and zucchini bread.




I am meeting up with friends that are traveling though on Monday. They will be staying the night at a RV park nearby. I am looking forward to spending the afternoon with them. 
There will be a getaway to Silver Lake WA. hopefully with hubby. He will go with me if he is not in the midst of a job. He started one big job today and will continue on to another very large project but maybe he can find a little time for fun.
I am certainly hoping for a long summer well into fall. We were cheated out of a warm spring and summer was late arriving also. There is much we still want to do before the rains come and the damp sets in.


I must walk now as that has not occurred yet today. I was busy this morning with house things.
Enjoy the weekend. It is so lovely here I hope to spend some time outdoors this afternoon if I am not mired in zucchini.
Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment