Monday, August 1, 2011

MAKING RELISH


I was busy at this project early this morning. I only made a half recipe however. To make this amount it took three large zucchini's. I still have several hanging out in the fridge. I was chasing time though this morning and in a hurry to get out the door for my walk and then on for grocery shopping.
I will say when this mixture is cooking on the stove the whole house smells like you are making pickles only with a lovely warm spice aroma. I love it.
So I have six assorted size jars sitting on my counter, brings pleasure to my heart.
The recipe is posted on my 8-30-10 blog titled Zucchini Relish.


What a day shopping for groceries. Doesn't anyone work anymore? You could not even move down the isle, all the check stands were backed up. No where to park bah humbug!
Then on to the gas station which was worse. You would think gas was free. I was fifth in line and of course got into the wrong line as always. I was at the gas station for over twenty minutes.
Then to the bank. That was the only place I did not have to wait. However getting back on the main street was a nightmare. Traffic w backed up forever. I am thinking is it a holiday? Nope checked the calendar. What the hey?
I was very happy to be back home in my quiet peaceful atmosphere.


I am packing this afternoon for my little getaway with my gal pal. The weather is suppose to be wonderful. I love Crescent Lake and as I have mentioned before I have been going there since I was a young woman of 18. I hope to have my ashes scattered along the edges of this lake in the high mountains.


This is short today as time is limited.
I will not blog again until I am back home. I will take the camera and intend on taking some photo's of this beautiful area.
Good bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment