Sunday, August 14, 2011

WHERE WE CREATE AND DINE, HOME!


Posted by PicasaThis where we cook and dine. I sent photo's to my friend that has not had the opportunity to come to our home so I thought I would post a few of them. It is nice to have a visual when I am chatting away about spending time in my kitchen.


It is a splendid day today though at it's beginning I was not a believer it would turn out that way. But the morning clouds quickly gave way to bottomless blue sky and lots of sunshine.


Hubby at work again today as he will be all week.  I love this time alone to plan my days and I have been getting much accomplished without interruption.
Yesterday I deep cleaned the living room and today it was the family room and nook. I will do the kitchen later as that entails a long day as there is much to do.


I had a lovely walk this morning just as the clouds were breaking. Sunday mornings are usually quiet in the neighborhood. As I walked the sidewalks this morning my senses filled with cooking smells. Pancakes and maple syrup at this house, bacon across the street well you get the idea. Folks were retrieving their newspapers in their morning robes and slippers. All seemed very lazy this morning. 
There is a sweet cat that likes to follow me most mornings. She does not go far with me maybe a half block at most but she is chattering all the way. I wish I knew what she was talking about.
On my route there is an attractive home that is kept in perfect order. The grounds are immaculate, flowers brighten the walkways and their windows always gleam. As I passed this morning the Mr. of the house was washing his bright yellow vintage corvette in the shade. Wow, I said what an amazing car. He answered, well I am like a kid with my toys, it is what keeps me going. I suppose he is right whatever it is that rings our bell we hold on to more dearly  as years go by. Knowing you are on the down side of your life makes you appreciate everything so much more. Good health, family, friends, your home whatever it may be.  You want to treasure every thing that is precious to you, and hang on tight and not forget for a moment what life means. Like walking in the sun and morning air so fresh and full of natures breath, I just want to suck it up into my being. There is just so much to appreciate in life when we focus on the good.


Well on that spiritual note I will now adjourn to my new little red chair on the deck that is so comfy and finish my book. I have a chapter or two at most to go and I will leave a dear friend once again when the last page turns.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment