Saturday, August 13, 2011

SILVER LAKE WA.


Posted by PicasaHere is where we will be soon. We certainly hope the weather holds so we can enjoy all the outdoors has to offer in this lovely area.
I am sure you recognize Mt. St. Helen's looming in the background. When I was a little girl and living on the Oregon side of the Columbia river we saw Mt. St. Helen's from our living room windows. At that time it was shaped like a big ice cream cone. That was long before it blew it's top. In my child hood life we took many day trips toward that mountain, usually to spend the day at Spirit Lake which is no more since the volcano spewed everything into that lake and filled it up. The scenery is still very beautiful driving toward the mountain as so much has grown back and flourished. 


Today here in Eugene it is quite dull out at this point. We have low coastal clouds that are still hanging on. I hope they do burn off soon as the bright sun brings me energy. As it is I feel like taking a nap and it is to early for even the briefest little cat nap.
I was out and about this morning early. I needed a few fresh veggies for our dinner tonight and really would have preferred to get what I needed at the farm. But on a Saturday it is not a good idea. Those farms are just packed with folks on the weekends.  
I also went to World Market to buy a beach chair that hubby I saw there the other day.  I wanted the red stripped one but they were sold out at $20 each which was a good buy. But today when I went in I choose a red one the only color left and took it to check out. She said that will be $7.50. Was I hearing right $7.50? Yes they had been discounted again. I said I will take two and ran and grabbed another. So now I am the happy owner of two bright red lounging beach chairs.............what deal. Made my morning.


Hubby are making a collaborative effort toward this evening's meal. I will chop and slice and he will cook. We are fixing Lecho his fave Hungarian  dish. He learned this dish from his father. It is yummy and fun to make.
All you do is slice about four green bell peppers add to a pot with a sliced onion, some garlic, salt, pepper and lots of paprika and cook down a bit then add two large cans of whole tomatoes in juice. Simmer till the tomatoes are cooked down and break them down more with a wooden spoon. Add your choice of sausage. For this dish we like smoked turkey kielbasa,  just cut into thick slices and add to the pot. Now you just let all meld together for a hour or so. I just had a thought maybe I should toss in some diced zucchini I am sure there is one waiting in the garden. Serve this hearty mixture over boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice or noodles. This dish has a rich red color the peppers and onions so tender they melt in your mouth. This is a mouthful of big flavor. We make enough to eat on the next day as it is even better after sitting over night.


This afternoon I have a little project that I will enjoy. I am going to deep clean my living room. I will rearrange a few things and change some accessories out. I like doing this every few months. A bit of a change, sparkling windows and clean hardwood floors makes me a happy woman.
Well no time like the present to get started.


Have a nice Saturday. 
Till later.



No comments:

Post a Comment