Wednesday, August 31, 2011

OUR BOUNTY


Posted by PicasaWe are overloaded with produce right now. And here I sit writing this blog when I should be in the kitchen making whatever out of whatever.......it is never ending. 
The photo's to the left are a couple of our tomato plants also above is the latest batch of zucchini relish I put up and the tomatoes hubby brought in from the garden. That amount seems to be about how many tomatoes we pick each day now. Bottom left photo is one of our four pepper plants as you know hubby loves his peppers so he has a smile on his face every day when he picks this little hotties. The blackberries were picked in our side area of the house. We just let a berry vine go and see what happened? I am making a huge deep dish pie with this berries. So the garden gives us much pleasure but at harvest time even a small garden like ours can make you a slave in your kitchen for lots of days this time of year. 


Tonight I am making spaghetti pie from the leftovers from last evening. That fresh tomato sauce was so rich and bright tasting. So tonight I will just mix the pasta with the sauce with an egg or two and some grated Parmesan cheese mix well. I will grab a good size skillet and drizzle a little olive oil in the bottom and spoon the mixture into the skillet. I will then fry the spaghetti mixture until the bottom is crispy and set, then I will carefully flip it over and add more cheese to top then when the underside is crispy remove from pan and cut into wedges. Yummy. There are lots of variations of this dish as you can bake it the oven also or add cottage cheese and other things. However I like the crisp that the skillet gives it.
So dinner is a snap tonight.


I did all my running for the week today and my back aches now. Groceries are bought for the weekend, banking is done, other errands are completed. I also got my hair cut. I was worried if I went this short it would look like a Buster Brown hairdo. Well I am thinking I am borderline in that regard. I did need all those fried ends off though so really had no choice. I just hope when hubby walks through the door he will not say, Hi Buster B which is my avatar character on the Wii golf game. I feel he may.


Well I had best get the rest of the days projects done so I can relax a bit before hubby gets home.
Have a wonderful day enjoy these last days of summer. Sad.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment