Friday, August 12, 2011

SUMMERS SIMPLE PLEASURES


Posted by Picasa Ah the joys of summer they unfold and wrap around me like warm sunlight.
Here sits zucchini relish, a photo of the loaded green tomato plants slowly ripening and hubby's Hungarian peppers mostly yellow now but on the way to dark red. There was a red one already he enjoyed it very much. He also has carefully been munching on the cherry bomb peppers quite a bit of heat in those little guys. One must be careful and not bite off more than one can chew!
I have been making specialty ice tea's for me. Hubby likes his plain and simple. Tea and water. In this batch I added lemon slices and mint from the herb barrel. There is nothing more refreshing on a warm sticky summer day than a big glass of sun tea poured over lots of ice. Yum!


This afternoon I will be back at the zucchini. Today I am blanching, icing and loading into freezer bags once more. However the batches today will be chopped instead of sliced. They then can then be added to spaghetti, soups sauces or whatever. The zucchini stay a bright green due to the icing process they are very smart looking sitting in their freezer bags. What a welcomed treat it will be to bring summers bounty to a winter table.


Well hubby and I have been working on our list for our Silver Lake camping trip not sure when that will be but between a break in the work schedule.
My honey is quite taken with the idea of camping without an RV. We have  always had a RV of some sort it seems. Two years ago we sold our motor coach. We felt we did not use it enough for the cost it entailed. Now we are thinking perhaps next year we may buy a small trailer. It would not be such a large investment and we think would work well for us. We generally go to places near by and spend time,rather than use up our precious time traveling to far destinations. So some ideas are rumbling about in our heads.


Well I have my house chores done. I mopped the main bath hardwood floors with Dr. Bonners peppermint soap today. The entire house now  smells of peppermint.
We are making a huge salad for tonight's dinner and I will make some cheese toasts to go with. Nice light summer fare.


Have a glorious summer day, I intend to.
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment