Tuesday, August 9, 2011

FRIENDS


Posted by PicasaHere they are my two good friends. I had a wonderful time with them yesterday at the RV park here in Eugene where they stayed while traveling through.
They are still so in love and just celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary. Now how many people can say that? Not many I am thinking. They are best friends just as my hubby and I are. To enjoy each others company so that you do not need the distraction of others is a gift in a marriage and one that I appreciate so much. 
These folks are still the same year after year. Seems not much changes except time changes us and we cannot do all we did as when we were younger. But we do our outright best. As in Steve's case battling through one health issue after another but he is still strong and humorous and traveling and doing the things he enjoys. Judy is my high school friend and a dear friend all these years since, seems certain bonds do not break and I am grateful for that.
So a good time with treasured friends yesterday that was so enjoyed by each of us.


Today I am back in the world of zucchini does it never end? I ran out the other day to buy more pint jars for relish and zucchini pickles. Today I am back in the kitchen again as the zucchini gives birth daily.
I need not make dinner however as last night I made a divine spaghetti sauce with the last of our tomato sauce I put up from last years crop. This sauce is bright red and taste like fresh plucked tomatoes. So tonight we will have left over's and  I will make a fresh salad from the garden to go with. So at least no dinner prep to speak of tonight.


Hubby said this morning he will have a short day on Thursday and wants to go to Ambrosia once more for Happy Hour and have their amazing brick oven pizza. So he need not twist this gals arm, my mouth is always ready for a bite of crispy crust and silky cheese....... heaven.


I am going to close now and go to the kitchen and start my day of pickling, relish and bread making. I have the doors standing open and will put the internet to Pandora radio and listen to my fave cooking music. That would be French Cafe. I adore that music to chop, mince and dice to!


The sun has moved out from broken bits of clouds this morning and is shinning bright. Oh how the loads of green tomatoes will love this day.
La Dolce Vita!



No comments:

Post a Comment