Monday, January 30, 2012

COZY WINTER NIGHTS


Posted by PicasaYes cozy winter nights are wonderful but could I possibly be thinking spring? Shame on me it is not even February yet. This is the way I get every year. This time of year all is so dismal looking. When the sun shows itself it softens the scene somewhat but still the streets are grimy, the trees bare, the lawns in disarray, the gutters littered. Just unattractive and bleak especially under gray cloud cover which is the case of late.


I heard from my dear friend Judy this morning and Steve her husband is in the hospital with pneumonia. Steve is also dealing with other health issues. Any of you that know Steve and Judy please say a prayer for them. This is a very hard and scary time in their lives.


I am making chicken noodle soup for this evenings dinner. Sounds homey and comforting on a rainy gray day. I am not making the noodles from scratch but I am using old fashioned home style egg noodles which are thicker and more like what you would make at home. I have a half loaf of sourdough artisan bread left from another meal so I will make cheese bread with that to accompany the soup.


For a breakfast lunch combo I just scarfed down a nice little bowl of beans and rice left over from our enchilada dinner. It hit the spot and will probably last me through the day. It was a good carb hit.


I am hoping to have lunch with my niece Brooke this week. She is a sweet gal and is attending her freshman year of college. I have not seen Brooke for a while but keep tabs on her through her postings on FB. She is a very artsy gal and enjoys the same types of things I did at her age and really do still.
She will be in a production, a play in one of our smaller venues here in Eugene in March. We will be there to cheer her on. 


Well I have no more chatter today.
I must jump into the shower and get on with my day.
Have a nice day whatever the weather. I know I will be out there trudging along on my walk today just trying to get through it.  Who knows though maybe I will spot something of interest.
Till later


















No comments:

Post a Comment