Sunday, January 1, 2012

NEW YEARS DAY

New years day 2012! Well it is here the year when the earth is to change and be no more at least in the way we know it to be.  According to a lot of folks a wobble of the planet or some other catastrophe will occur on December 21st winter solstice the day all the planets in our solar system line up in a row and the end of the Mayan calendar. All these events coincide. But what do they mean if anything at all?
Our paper even had a article this morning regarding this but on the internet ideas about the event run rampant. 
Well I think in this household we will go about our days as usual. If something were to occur what could we do anyhow? I will say though that we do have  food and water and a medical kit, batteries etc. In other words a emergency kit of sorts. We have primarily done this in case of earthquake or flood. Should there be no power or water for a few days at least we can eat and drink.


It is another foggy day here in Eugene. There may be a bit of sun this afternoon according to the forecast. Whatever.........I will not hold my breath.
We are going to go for a tacos this afternoon just for a little outing to get out of the house.


Tomorrow is the Rose Bowl game. OREGON against Wisconsin. It should be a tight game. Hubby is very nervous as am I. They will be a tough opponent. All I can say is GO DUCKS!


New Year Resolutions. 
I really hate to say I make resolutions as I really do not. But what I do is concentrate and think about what I need to do to make my life happier.
First I always I think of my body and what it needs and does not need. These are my own idea's for myself and there's not need to share them. I know what I need to do. Secondly  I think about my husband and family. I want to always be here for them. A ear to listen, a smile to encourage, a kind word to soothe. But mostly to give my love to them all. I must be understanding and remember that we all have our own realities of life. I must remember to be so very grateful for their presence in my life.
Thirdly I will work on my spirituality. I must aside time for more spiritual books and keep the novels at bay. I must not judge others no matter what the circumstance. I need to do a better job of keeping my mouth shut. And I must set time aside for meditation. All these things I will work on.
So it is not really a list it is more about myself coming together body, mind and soul. Giving myself a tune-up of sorts. 
I also want to be more adventurous. I seem to find myself being so content in my little world and that is great but I do need to step outside that box at times and experience something new and different.
So there it is. 


I have no photo today to post. As we move into January I will be doing some new recipes and plan on taking many more food photo's. It takes time and sometimes my food gets cold while I am snapping the pictures or other times I am just to hungry and start eating and  forget to get the camera. But I will work on that.
I am looking forward to eating more vegetable dishes and grains and lighter fare.


Well I must get ready for my little date with my hubby so best be off.
Have a wonderful 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment