Thursday, January 26, 2012

SENIOR PHOTO


Posted by Picasa I cannot even believe I am posting this photo. Who is this girl? I think maybe it is the hair that makes it all seem so distant and surreal. For the most part after high school I never had short hair. At that time I wanted that Gina Lollobrigida look. You know the little spit curls so in vogue. Well it was what it was. I liked it then obviously or I would not have had it done that way. Don't you love the eyebrows? Well to tell you the truth I wish I had them now as my brows are sprouting gray hairs. The more I pick out the gray the thinner my brows become. I wonder why it is when one is young you do not appreciate what you have? You are always striving to be better, be more, be something that you are not.  Why do not you like what you are in youth? 
One reason for me is  I matured in body quickly but sadly in mind a little slower. Not a good combo. 
I was a little girl and I grew up poor in the materialistic view of things but in the actual realm of life, I was rich. But I was isolated really growing up where I had little interaction with other kids my age except for my cousins, all boys. Well how you can relate to boys?  So I did the best I could I suppose but with few social skills when I headed off to high school and I just had a hard time fitting in, not because I did not make friends but over all I was shy and others at school took it as stand offish or I am searching for the word oh here it is..........stuck up. Not true. I was just uncomfortable and unsure of myself. 
I swear my high school years were the hardest years I ever lived.
I was popular yet  I wasn't. I was pretty but yet I wasn't the prettiest. I was involved in lots of high school activities as all my friends were very popular. Yes I was part of the popular high school group but what did I bring to it very little I feel I was just absorbed into pack.
I surely wish I could go back and have the maturity and wisdom I eventually gleaned as I would have been a totally different person. But for whatever reasons I was who I was at that time and so be it. I am not who I was and thankfully I like who I am now. I have found myself maybe later in life than others but still  to find what it is that makes you content and at peace in your life and makes your bell toll at any age is a huge blessing.
So to all all those eighteen old's like I was in the photo, there is a lot of life to live and a lot of  time to discover who you are truly are. I suppose every day we live we learn something different about our selves and the way we see and understand this life. So to the cute girl in the photo I say, You were a little poop sometimes but you surely had your moments and I love you regardless. All is well.


Have a lovely evening and  have a lovely life you earned every minute of it.
Me



No comments:

Post a Comment