Friday, January 20, 2012

Playa Azul ll Kalama WA.

My husband, brother and I had the opportunity to dine at the Play Azul in Kalama WA last week.
This was our first time at this establishment though my brother lives in Kalama.
We sat in the eating area adjacent to the cozy of bar. The service was good and the menu had a nice selection of entree's. 
We all ordered something different. My brother and I had the house wine a chardonnay from WA state. It was amazingly  fresh and bright with a nice finish.
My hubby's carne asada steak burrito was delicious I snitched a bite could not resist. It was grilled skirt steak right off the grill hot and charred. I had a shredded beef taco and cheese enchilada and of course the beans and rice come as a side. All was very tasty, saucy, cheesy, and the taco was stuffed with tender perfectly seasoned shredded beef.
My brothers dish was equally as good. We all enjoyed our meal to the fullest.
The prices were reasonable especially the Washington State wine. In Eugene here we would pay twice the price of $3.75 a glass for that lovely wine.


So bottom line if you are cruising down I-5 and feel the urge come upon you for Mexican food. Do stop at the little berg of Kalama in southwest WA and go to the main street find yourself a parking spot and pop into the Playa Azul for an amazing lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment