Sunday, January 29, 2012

HOBBIES



Posted by PicasaThese are wintertime hobbies. Puzzles usually adorn our dining table in winter. I also got into my head a few days ago that I wanted to sketch a little. So I drug out my old sketch book and found my charcoal pencils. So that is now in the works on the table as well. If we entertain we finish the puzzle quickly or else do buffet style and sit where we will.


Now as I mentioned I made enchilada's last night using a new enchilada sauce recipe...........hmmm. The sauce tasted like marinara sauce thus we did not care for them. So back to my old recipe that I know is good. Hubby will eat the remainder of the enchilada's today as I made only a small casserole of them. He said well if you like Mexican and Italain food...........there you go!


I will share what I do for mexi rice.
I make this recipe for the two of us but you can make larger portions of course.
Zo's Easy cheesy Mexi rice.


1 cup of long grain rice
1 cup of your favorite salsa we like to use Picante salsa
1 cup of chicken broth
Bring all to boil then simmer for twenty minutes or until rice is tender.
I then remove the lid and let the rice dry a bit sill on simmer then stir to fluff.
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and spread in the rice mixture. 
Drain and rinse a can of red beans and sprinkle theses over the rice. Then add a package of shredded Mexican cheese over the top of all.
Pop into the microwave and heat until cheese is bubbly. Or I sometimes pop in the oven on 350 and heat. 


There you have it simple and easy. You can also just mix the beans in with the rice if you like. If you do not like red beans you can use pinto or black beans as well or a combo of them all.
At least the beans were a hit last night.


We had a fun afternoon yesterday. We went down to the little Oregon video parlor that is in our neighborhood and each had a glass of wine and played a little video poker. We rarely do this so once in a while it is fun.
Not that we won anything to speak of but we were out of the house for a bit. We tend to get cabin fever in winter.
When we came home I beat hubby in a card game of  31 twice. Well he had to get his revenge so we played a third game and he won.
We then played a couple games of Wii golf. I won one game and we tied a game. Then I proceeded to make dinner.
We watched a movie after dinner and then off to bed.
A good simple day.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment