Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WINDOW SCENES



Posted by PicasaRain and more rain.
We awoke to hard rain on our roof this morning and nothing has changed throughout the day. The windows are blurred the streets are a running stream of water, the gutters are overpowered at times and all is a sopping, spongy sodden mess.
However as not to be a pessimist I am happy and content in my dry cozy house where nary a rain drop will touch me.
The lamps give the rooms a soft buttery glow, the little electric fireplace looks warm and inviting, candles are lit emitting their vanilla scent throughout the house and I have soft piano music filling the rooms as well as my soul.
So all is good in my world today.
Soon I will look forward to spotting the first burst of pods on the trees and the crocus and daffodils sprouting up out the earth. All the trees just get fuzzy looking and the air is fresh and the earth is so alive. So soon when I am walking I will be watching with anticipation for those first moments of spring to arrive.


We are having sausage tonight with paprika potatoes, and string beans with garlic. I suppose it is a old fashioned European meal. Hubby is cooking. I will enjoy his homemade sausage. He takes such pleasure in cooking especially when he makes all from scratch.


Tomorrow I will grocery shop and do some errands. Then Thursday we are going on a lunch date and will possibly see a movie. It will still be rainy weather so a movie would be a good way to spend the afternoon. We read the reviews for WAR HORSE and it looked as if it would be a good choice.


I heard from my brother this morning. He had just returned home from spending a few days in his trailer at Silver Lake. He had caught some fish returning them to the lake as always but still fun for him. It is so nice he has that home away from home at the lake that he so enjoys.
I also got a call from my daughter. She may be coming to spend a couple of nights with us as she has five days off from work. I am hoping that works out as I always love to have her come and spend time. She is my friend and we have fun doing little of nothing.


Now I must attend to the laundry then off to my chair for more reading.
Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment