Monday, January 9, 2012

A RECENT SUNSET


Posted by PicasaI know you may get tired of seeing more sunset photo's but I truly cannot help myself. When I see through the kitchen window what is occurring in the twilight sky I have to go for the camera. It sits nearby the back door and I wait for the right moment of color and start shooting. Each and everyone like a snowflake is different. I guess that is what the draw is for me.


I am making more pickled peppers today with veggies. This time I am using an assortment of carrots, celery, onions, canned artichoke hearts and jalenpeno peppers. I wish I had some cauliflower on hand but do not and I am not running to the store to get them. I had made several jars at the end of summer with our own peppers. Those are all gone now. We ate a lot ourselves and I also gave some jars away. I enjoy making them. They are so bright and pretty sitting in the jar with all the different colors.


We are excited. We are finally going to meet our great, great, nephew Jack and niece Audrey. It will be a short but sweet time. I cannot wait to play with those little ones. Jack turned one in November and Audrey will be one in February. We will meet up at my brothers home on Sunday for a few hours. So I will have pictures to share of our playtime with the babies.
We will spend a couple nights with my brother and the time will go fast as we have much planned. We have not seen him since the first part of September when we joined him at Silver Lake to camp.
I am taking the makings for dinner one night. I decided to take my wok and make chicken chow mien over sticky rice. I will make a wok full and leave the remainder with my brother. Then one night we are going for Mexican food my hubby's favorite if you recall. My husband is going to check out the Kalama River to see what is going on with the steelhead fishing. If all looks promising we may be back in the near future so he can try his luck at catching one.


I have nothing more to chatter about I need to do a few household chores and then take my daily walk. It is a fresh and bright day today though cold. I will bundle up. Then home to make my pickled veggies.
We are having crispy fried mini tuna cakes this evening with my everything but the sink salad with blue cheese dressing. That is it! a protein and veggies.
Last night we finished off the last of the bean and lintel soup with ham. I made my favorite cheesy biscuits to go with. We sure love those biscuits. You do not open them up just slather some butter right over their golden tops. They are so light but packed with cheesy flavor.


Well I am outta of here as they say.
Have a good day.











No comments:

Post a Comment