Saturday, July 6, 2013

A COUPLE DELISH MEALS



Posted by PicasaThe cod fish top photo we devoured last night. It was hubby's birthday and he wanted these yummy sandwiches for dinner along with homemade potato chips.
The bottom photo is veggie night which we do frequently. It is a lovely salad of mixed greens with blue cheese dressing and spaghetti olio which is pasta with olive oil, garlic and flat leaf parsley simmered together and served with fresh grated parmsean cheese.
We are having a vegetarian meal this evening also. I will take the grill basket to the grill filled with red and green bell pepper slices, zucchini rounds, sliced leeks and whatever else I find at the farm that looks good. I will coat them with soyaki sauce and turn occasionally to give all a nice char. Our side dish will be Cal Rose rice and fresh sliced tomatoes and a crispy bread boule with garlic butter.

I am going to say right now it has been so busy for days on end. With our company and then the holiday getting together with family and all and then my husbands birthday festivities I was exhausted. So much in fact I did not get up until nine this morning. So now I feel refreshed after two very late evenings. Now back on a schedule including clean eating for a few days and rest and recharging my batteries as I leave for my daughters on Tuesday for a couple of days. Summer is always busy for us and when fall finally breathes it's cool air and all turns golden I am more than ready for the reprieve.

Our garden is doing nicely we have lots of green tomatoes. The heat we have had lately has increased their size two fold. I always get so excited to harvest our first tomatoes it will be a while yet but my mouth is watering already.

I am going to sign off now and get on with my day as it is late already.
I hope you are having a fun 4th of July weekend.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment