Tuesday, July 16, 2013

OUTDOOR CLOTHESLINE COMING SOON


Posted by PicasaI have asked my hubby to build me a outdoor clothesline in our narrow basically useless backyard. It is the perfect size for a clothesline.
Ours will be nicer looking than this one. The post will be larger so thus sturdier and it will be painted dark green like the trim on our house.
I have not had a clothesline since I was a young woman with small children. I will say I missed having one and now clotheslines are in again as they are a "green" thing to do. It saves on energy and you get the blessing of having air fresh laundry. Is there anything better than slipping into line dried sheets? 
So as time allows my husband may build it this summer or fall or early spring. I am so looking forward to it. I will use the clothesline every time I do laundry if the weather permits. I cannot wait!

We had rainbow trout last evening for dinner. My husband cooked them to perfection. They were crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside and so very mild. What a treat! We have only two fish left from the large catch that he brought home from the lake. We will have them in a few days. So no wasting in this family. What you kill you had better well eat! Our rule.

We had to replace our large patio umbrella yesterday. We saw a sale at our local home center store for umbrella's 60% off. Wow ! We raced right over and purchased a great market umbrella in a dark green for $24.00 what a deal! Looks great with our little green patio set. That humble little patio set with it's round glass top table and four chairs has served us well. We bought it in 2002 and it was just a cheapy.
It will not be long before we need to replace it, though it still working for us but it is starting to look like it has seen better days.

Today's weather is hot and muggy. The sky this morning is rather volatile looking. Thunder clouds but area's of blue also. When we first opened the blinds at six this morning the sky was a pale pink with yellow misty looking clouds. Very strange indeed.

I was going to go grocery shopping this morning but I am putting it off until tomorrow. I have all I need for a nice dinner tonight, mostly veggies from the farm as I went there yesterday. 
Our family down the street has a plum tree and this year the tree is loaded with succulent plums. Hubby took his big ladder down yesterday and came back with a big basket full. So today I am making a couple plum galette's. They are so pretty and yummy. I took a photo of the ones I made two years ago and posted it. Last year the tree did not produce. I may find that we have too many plums so I may be tempted to make some plum preserves.

I am reading one of the best books I have ever read. For me to say that it must be grand as I read a book a week or more. I have about three chapters left and I excited for the conclusion though I do not want it to end, a catch 22 I suppose.

Well I have much to do today and sitting here posting on my blog is not what I should be doing.
So off I go to be a housekeeper, a laundress,a bookkeeper, and a baker.
Adios. 



No comments:

Post a Comment