Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MAKING SALMON CHOWDER TONIGHT

I thought I would make some smoked salmon chowder this evening. We love it. I make my fave potato soup and then add the salmon toward the end and let simmer till the flavors incorporate. With the chowder I am having a crusty boule. That is all as it is a rich dinner.

I must run to the farm shortly for my weekly supply of vegetables and fruits.

It is sweltering hot already and will make it into the low nineties today. For weeks now we have been having hot weather and no change in sight. The northwest is usually quite modest when it comes to heat. I am so thankful for the many ceiling fans in our house and air conditioning.

I have spent the morning making out bills and doing some filing. Also finishing up the the last loads laundry remaining from yesterday and I vacuumed all the area rugs and hardwood floors and have cleaned off the deck.So I have been a busy woman this morning.

My husband has just made a run to the refuse center to drop off carpet and pad that he pulled up a day or two ago. Of course he was preparing to refinish the hardwood floors under the carpet. Oh sometimes when that carpet and pad are torn out the pet stains in the hardwood is horrendous. Sometimes so bad it cannot be sanded out. Pets keep my husband in business....true. It is funny though how some folks say their pets never have accidents yet it is very apparent they go in the same places time and time again for years. No wonder some homes smell so foul when you walk through the door.

I will be making another plum galette tomorrow. This time I hope the plums are sweeter as they have not been to this point. The plum cake I made was sour also. Darn.

I had better head to the farm now before it gets any hotter.There are always a lot of folks at the farms no matter what time of day you go. On weekends you are lucky to find a place to park. Of course I am fortunate to be able to go during the week.
Have yourself a nice summer day and stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment