Sunday, July 28, 2013

OUR COUNTRY DRIVE






Posted by PicasaWe had a good ol' time yesterday afternoon.
Loved the drive through the valley up into the hills to the little winery.
As you go toward the winery you turn off the paved road to a smaller paved road that turns to a gravel road that becomes narrow as it winds through huge trees and then into the vineyards themselves. All is very private at this winery like an old homestead actually sitting at the end of a road.
We tasted a variety of red and white wines then each purchased a glass of our liking and sat on the little patio and gazed at the view. I had an amazing glass of pinot noir and hubby choose a pinot gris. We lingered as long as possible.

After returning home we went to the deck and sat in the shade, it was such a pleasant day.

For our dinner last night we munched on very tender tasty steak strips. It was just a small sirloin but by the time I sliced it lengthwise through the middle and made strips and breaded the strips it was just the right amount of steak bites for the two of us. Always remember to cut your meat across the grain so it tender. If sliced with the grain it is not nearly as tender.
The corn from the farm was tender and the rest of farm fresh veggies filled a need in my body as I had been craving fresh vegetables.
Now what to have tonight I have not given that a thought. Sometimes it is hard to make a dinner every evening especially when you want make a nice meal and not just something to fill you. I am sure we will come up with an idea. I have a bin full of red potatoes that need eating so I will use that as a starting point. I especially love roasted red potatoes in their skin..well my mind is going now.

I must now get out of my morning clothes as it ten-thirty, I wonder where the morning has went? Well the Sunday paper is always a big one and I needed to check our business emails and personal emails and now here I am posting.
So I am outta here as they say to enjoy our Sunday in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment