Sunday, July 14, 2013

PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOP WITH SUMMER VEGGIES


Posted by PicasaOur little summer supper last night. A baked Parmesan crusted pork chop with green beans, cukes, tomatoes, radish's, and baked potato with chopped red onions, cheese, sour cream, and fresh salsa. Of course it was a lot of food and neither of us finished our dinners. So we have left overs in the fridge now which I like on hand for lunch.

We spent a large part of yesterday outdoors. We set up our scrabble board at the patio table and played for a couple of hours. The game is not finished as of yet but I am way ahead. The wind came whipping yesterday afternoon and it was hard to play with keeping things from flying off the table. Our big patio table umbrella also crashed. The top of the pole had been going south for some time now and yesterday's gusts finished it off. So tomorrow I will go in search of another to replace it. I am picky about my umbrella's I want good quality and only a few colors will work with our deck decor. The good thing is I notice all the umbrella's seem to be heavily discounted at this time.
Later after our dinner we went back out to have a nightcap under the stars and decided to put our foam mattress on the hot tub and bring out the sleeping bags and sleep under the stars. So we did and it was amazing. It was so quiet and the sky so black the stars just glittered. I was so sleepy I was forcing myself to stay awake to stare at that heavenly sky and to spot a UFO of course. My husband woke me about an hour before dawn. He said we should go in to bed as it would be so bright in a short while. So we did.

Tonight for dinner we are having turkey burgers and potato salad. I was going to make potato salad yesterday but decided to go with the bakers instead. So easy fare this evening and hubby will grill. 
Last night he totally cleaned up the kitchen for me after dinner. He does this on the days he is not working and I am thankful that he does.

I must now go and get some potatoes in the oven for the salad. I prefer making potato salad with baked potatoes the texture to me seems superior to boiled potatoes.

It is another perfect day here. There is a breeze but not so blustery as yesterday.
Sunday's are amazing days......enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment