Saturday, July 13, 2013

HUBBY'S TRUCK AND LITTLE FISHING BOAT


Posted by PicasaMy husband had a good fishing and camping trip to Odell Lake while I was in Portland visiting my family. He arrived home an hour after I did Thursday with a cooler full of fish. Some Kokanee(land locked salmon) and some large Rainbow trout. So we have been eating fish for two evenings now. Fresh fish from a ice cold lake, sides of fresh green beans and salad makings grown right at the farm down the road. I made honey mustard dressing and croutons. Two lovely delicious meals. One cooked by my hubby and one made by me.

Thursday after we both arrived home from our different locations we sat on the deck and shared our trips. It was good to be home again even after a couple of days. We enjoy our time together very much but it nice to do our own things once in a while.

I will share the honey mustard dressing at the end of this post. It is so simple yet so tasty.

What a lovely valley day we have today. There is a breeze which I like as my four wind chimes like to make music occasionally. Everything looks very bright and fresh today. Clear blue sky and big yellow sun the deep green of the trees and manicured lawns and luscious flowers adorning our neighborhood.

My daughter made amazing Mexican fare one evening. Family members dined on chicken enchilada's  re-fried and black beans, a large salad loaded with veggie's, guacamole with chips and I made some sugar crusto's for an after dinner munch.
The evening was warm and we all sat out on the deck overlooking her lovely yard and flowers.
A very nice evening with loved ones.

Tonight's dinner is parmesan crusted baked pork chops and a potato and green bean salad and baked beans. So sort of picnic fare.
I am thinking of making a apple fritters for a light desert.

My granddaughter Kali once again loaded me down with two sacks of clothes. She is so cute hauling out one item after another saying, "Oh Gramma you will look so cute in this." I brought all home that fit and have them washed and hanging in my closet. This little gal keeps her granny in summer tops.
Thank you Kali.

I will wind this post up now with the recipe.
HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
1/4 cup mayo
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix until well blended.
(this recipe makes enough dressing for two dinner salads. If you want you can double or triple the recipe depending on your needs.)
This recipe also makes a nice dip for fish or chicken. If you find it too lemony just cut down on the fresh lemon juice. I like it tart with lemon.

Well I am off to enjoy this grand Saturday, I hope you do too.



No comments:

Post a Comment