Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A LITTLE CHICKEN PARM LAST NIGHT


Posted by PicasaWe had a nice little meal last night of chicken Parmesan and green salad with summer veggies. A fairly light meal as I did not use a lot of sauce. Three different kinds of Italian cheeses made it very tasty. 
Here is how I do my simple chicken parm.
Use a small casserole 8x8. Give it a light spray in the bottom. Take two chicken breast and slice them through the middle length wise making four pieces. Place between plastic wrap and pound till about a 1/2 thick. Dip in egg and roll in equal amounts of Italian bread crumbs and panko. Use a little canola oil in a skillet and brown the chicken fillets to golden.
Set the chicken pieces in the casserole and cover completely with mozzarella cheese. The add your home made or purchased marinara pasta sauce to completely cover the chicken. Then top with shredded Italian cheese blend and Parmesan cheese to top.
Bake uncovered for about forty minutes on 375 degree's.
That is it. Easy and simple.
You can also make in individual ramekins. 

Tonight my husband is making for us the last rainbow trout he caught at Odell Lake. I will make sauteed zucchini and serve my pickled tomatoes, onions and cukes as well as a small side of brown rice. All sounds very healthy and good.

We have clouds here today but it is nice for a change. They are to burn off late morning and we are to have eighty-six today. So it will be a nice day. It is nice not to have the air running the past few days.
I have not walked yet so I best get on with that chore.





No comments:

Post a Comment