Thursday, July 4, 2013

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY


Posted by PicasaSo today is the 4th of July 2013. The weather has cooled somewhat so that is good. The fire danger in Oregon is high with all the heat we had this past week.
I suppose we will have the usual amount of fireworks in our neighborhood which I so deplore. I think street fireworks should not be allowed. For several reason, first reason being seems everyone gets their fireworks from Washington state or Indian reservations. So they are not legal in our state. But does anyone enforce this? No. It sounds like a war zone and goes on for hours so you cannot sleep, it upsets and terrifies pets and it is dangerous as well as it can start fires and does every year; as well folks have accidents and blow their fingers off or worse.
So why is allowed? Go figure.It is a nightmare for most of us.

We are always home on the 4th and usually my husband is working but this year he is not. So we are going to go down the street to his sisters house for a while this afternoon. His other sis and family will be there and we have not seen them for a while. Then we will come home and have our own dinner. I have had New York strip steaks sitting in the fridge with my rub for two days now. The longer they sit the more they soak up that good rub flavor and the more tender they become. We will grill the steaks and make potato packs with lots of red bell pepper and a few anihiemn peppers and onions and corn on the cob pieces. It will be a nice 4th of July meal.

Tomorrow is my hubby's 53rd birthday.He is to select where he would like to go to lunch and I will drive. This is a big treat for him as he always drives and cannot have drinks. So I will be the designated driver tomorrow so he can have a few microbrews. I will not make dinner tomorrow night as we will eat lunch later than usual.
I have a bag full of birthday goodies for him to open....it will be a fun day for us both.

I will be going to see my daughter on the 9th and 10th of this month. We are excited as it is more time shared and more memories made. Then ten days later my hubby and I both going for a visit to her home. I will also see my son on both visits I have missed him so. Hopefully I will see some of grandkidlets too.

I am going to post a photo our huge, huge hydrangea's  They are so beautiful this year. I am going to cut one enormous flower today and take it down in a small vase for my mother in law. She will like that. Hubby is taking down a cream cheese smoked trout dip with minced onion, peppers and olives. He loves making dips I do not care for any kind of dip so I let him create to his hearts content. He can make them as hot as he likes and this man likes heat!

I clothed myself in red, white and blue today. I thought I may as well look festive.
Whatever you are doing today be safe. Do not drink and drive in our area I know they have added extra police officers to keep our highways and roads safe. Seems every year there are bad accidents or drownings and other mishaps and usually alcohol is the factor. Best to drink at home.

Well I am going to sign off for the day.
HAPPY 4TH TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment